Sunday 1 April 2012

this will be hard to write because i didn't go to bed until 4.30 and i am really hungover.

last night i was supposed to be going out with my friends for a girl's birthday, but she cancelled our plans at the last minute so i was left with nothing to do on a Saturday night. however! my French flatmates were going out in Angel to meet a friend of hers (a French girl) and she invited me with them.

this was pretty fucking special, honestly. the French guy sat on the end of our group all night silently, looking miserable and mumbling one or two words every few minutes, while I entertained both his girlfriend and the new girl. who i really like, actually. i tried pretty hard. i talked to her for most of the night, i put my arm around her, held her hand, made sure to talk to the other two a bit so the focus wasn't solely on her, etc.

then towards the end of the night i find out she has some boyfriend in Paris she's going to see next week, and she wouldn't come home with me. fuck my life! i asked my flatmate (the girl) and she said she likes me, and she wants to break it off with her boyfriend, but i guess fucking a guy you just met when you're seeing your longterm boyfriend the next week is probably a line a lot of people won't cross. nevertheless, she is coming round today and i'll see what happens.

her name is Marie.

No comments:

Post a Comment